Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hummus, Epicure style!


I recently hosted an Epicure party at my little house, and decided to put some of my Epicure Hummus Dip Mix to good use! Simple yet delicious, hummus is one of those things you can feel good about eating.

You'll need:
- 1 (540 ml) can of chickpeas, drained (it took me ages to hunt these down in Superstore, but finally cornered them in the Ethnic Foods section)
- 3 Tbsp of each: olive oil, warm water, and lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup of tahini (I've been told this is optional... in my books it really isn't)
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of Epicures Hummus Dip Mix (I used two and added a single clove of garlic)


Simply combine all the ingredients in a blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet. Blend ingredients together until they reach the consistency you want, I don't like mine too smooth, so it takes only a couple minutes in my food processor.


 Remove your Hummus and let chill in the fridge for a couple hours. However this last step isn't entirely necessary, so if you can't help yourself: grab some naan bread or carrot stick and dig in!


*** Presentation Idea: For the Epicure party I hosted, I wanted a cute way to serve my hummus, so I cut the top off a red pepper, scooped out the seedy insides, filled it up with hummus, and plunked the "lid" back on the top. Super cute!




2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I was thinking about hummus yesterday while grocery shopping too! Great minds...! Awesome pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by via "Little Shack on the Hill" and I am your newest follower! Congratulations on the award! I hope you will stop by and follow "The Redeemed Gardener".

    ReplyDelete